MCISR’s Statement of Faith includes eight central affirmations that are our convictions. But we are ecumenical in our orientation; we respect all religions and work with scholars across religious traditions.
- There is one, eternal God, revealed in the unity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in the Bible, as the Creator and Lord of the universe.
- The Holy Scripture in its entirety is inspired by the Holy Spirit through human authors and constitutes the revelation of God’s truth to humanity. It is wholly true and trustworthy in all that it affirms. It is our supreme authority in every matter of belief and conduct.
- All human beings are created in God’s own likeness and therefore have inherent value and equality before God. Human sin and guilt since the fall have rendered us subject to God’s wrath and condemnation and have resulted in our alienation from God.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh marked by His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension.
- Salvation for the lost and sinful human beings is through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works.
- The Holy Spirit gives new birth to an individual, leading him/her to Christian maturity through his indwelling and empowers the believer with gifts for the growth of the Church.
- There is one, holy, universal and apostolic church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong. The church’s calling is to worship God forever and to serve the people in carrying out the Mission of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return personally, visibly and in glory. He will raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to final completion.